Minnesota Aggravated Assault Lawyer
Aggravated assault lawyer
Aggravated assault is an assault that allows for severe punishment due to its seriousness. Many factors determine when an assault is to be raised to an aggravated assault, such as; the use of a weapon, victim’s injury status, the perpetrators purpose of the assault, and the degree of injury. Assaults that are taken place inside a victim home are also to be considered aggravated. Seeking the representation of an assault attorney in Minneapolis, Minnesota like Lynne Torgerson can help.
Assault charges are defined differently by each state. Examples of aggravated assaults include:
- Striking an individual with a weapon or an object
- Assaulting a member of a protected class (i.e., police officer, elder person, ect.)
- Assault resulting in physical injury
- Shooting or threatening an individual or individuals with a gun
- Assault while concealing one’s identity
- Intent of committing another crime
If you’ve been charged with aggravated assault, you could face the following (but not limited to):
- Your crime could be on your personal record
- Serving time in prison; possible death penalty depending on your state
- No longer able to obtain a license for a deadly weapon
- Having to pay compensation for whom was injured during your act of crime
If you’ve been accused of aggravated assault or you feel that you were wrongfully charged, contacting an assault defense lawyer like Lynne Torgerson from Minneapolis is a step in the right direction to making sure that your name remains clean and you won’t have to serve any jail time. However assault charges were prompted against you, it is always in your best interests to retain an attorney immediately with a track record of defending those accused of assault.
Call (612) 339-5073
If you find yourself facing an assault charge and you reside in Minneapolis or anywhere in the state of Minnesota, contact an assault lawyer, assault defense attorney, Lynne Torgerson, Esq. at (612) 339-5073 for a free consultation and representation.